Patented Slide-on Cantilevered Balconies
Creating Outside Space for High-Rise Buildings
FlightDeck® is the slide-on, cantilevered, balcony brand developed and patented by Brooksby specifically for high-rise residential projects.
We believe that everyone should have access to their own outside space. With this in mind, we have designed a slide-on balcony system that has maximum flexibility and it is this that really sets us apart.
Watch one of our installation videos below of a FlightDeck® Balcony, plus download our FlightDeck product overview today:
Slide-On Balcony Benefits
- The FlightDeck concept uses a patented method of ‘sliding’ the finished balcony onto arms fixed to the structure.
- Increased Quality – 95% of the complete balcony is built off site.
- Flexibility of Programme Sequence. Balconies can be installed in any sequence.
- Reduced crane hook time. At least 60% faster to install than traditional Bolt-on balconies.
- Superior door threshold levelling and tolerance control. 30mm adjustment in all directions.
- 100% increased safety. Operatives are not required to work under a live load at any point in the install process.
- Onsite labour reduced by 75%. This is due to our offsite manufacturing process.
- No return visits to install soffits with increased risk of damage to apartments and surrounding surfaces.
- Fully welded lightweight steel perimeter frame as opposed to mechanically fixed lightweight materials.
- 93% of all steel structures are recycled.
Balcony Finishes & Details
Stub units, cantilever arms and balcony chassis components are hot dip galvanised to EN ISO 1461. This process is carried out under a robust quality management system in accordance with industry standard BS EN ISO 9001:2008.
Aluminium fascia’s and balustrades can be either, chromate free, chromate, powder coated, or pre-anodised to suit the project specification.
Aluminium balustrades are generally hot zinc sprayed to BS EN ISO 2063. Then powder undercoat ready for architectural grade polyester powder coat to standard RAL colour or metallic finish.
All powder coat finishes are certified class A1/A2 fire rated.